Welcome to the New Teacher Bootcamp! Click on the session you'd like to begin. You. will need to register before you may log in. Enjoy!
- Introduces teachers to the responsibilities they will face in terms of securing textbooks, supplies, and equipment for teaching, as well helps them anticipate and proactively plan for teaching in an environment with resources that may appear to fall short of the ideal. Suggests strategies for reaching out to parents, community organizations, and businesses to obtain resources that cannot be accessed through school budgets.
- Suggests strengths and weaknesses of various seating arrangements and provides suggestions for arranging space to provide students with support and reference materials.
- Provides suggestions for easing the task of handling daily paperwork.
- Addresses safety and security issues, both in terms of becoming aware of school policies and procedures, as well as ensuring that teachers’ learning environments promote safety both during typical student activities and in the event of students whose actions become a threat to others.
- Guides approaches to developing and maintaining web pages, as well as school and personal social media presence
- Suggests methods for decorating the room and providing reference materials, posters, and so on that promote students’ feelings of competence and interest in teachers’ classes.